Saturday, February 6, 2010

Ryan's February Blocks For John

I made 3 blocks to send to John. Here's what I came up with:







The one block was a direct pull from his inspiration mosaic. Clean lines, clean breaks between the fabric changes. The other 2 were my interpretation of his theme. In one of the blocks I tried to mirror the color card feel of the one print by using raw edge applique to create a series of circles. I was so happy with the way that block came out that I decided to make another, this time placing a "J" in the center.

John said it was OK to pull fabrics from our stash to incorporate so I added some Dandelion in Stone from Patty Young's new Flora and Fauna line and made the "J" out of Denyse Schmidt's Canyon Stripe in New Day from her Hope Valley line. There's even some good size scraps left to send back with his blocks. Hope he likes em!

Happy Saturday,

4 comments:

  1. Great job on all the blocks, but I am especially enchanted by the last one! So modern and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the last one... mixing in the basic grey was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How come I love your circle so much??? wierd??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like 'em? I LOVE 'em! Thanks again for the great blocks!

    ReplyDelete