Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lush squares


I love your fabric choices John!

Here's my first one... I love the deer print, and my piece had almost a whole deer in it, so I cut him (or her!) out, framed it with some extra prints and my favorite green solid and then placed him back into the paint by number forest.


For the second block, I paired the floral Lush print with a piece of Flea Market Fancy and a bit of a solid. A simple one, but I really like how the gray medallions in the FMF print pick up the light blue background of the Lush print.


Can't wait to see your finished quilt!

5 comments:

  1. These are terrific Ashley... I love how the tree is hanging over your deer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all beautiful ... and thanks so much for making me 2 blocks! I also love how the FMF plays off of the light blue print ... it really brings out a new dimension in those medallions. Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't remember how I found this blog but I love the blocks being made for this person! I love the fabrics and can't wait to see how the quilt comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blocks Ashley, love the framed deer.

    ReplyDelete