Tuesday, January 19, 2010

And now, a tree! (and more houses)

I knew this would be a fun month! I went pretty basic with my first house ... I love this basic shape and, of course, the fabrics and color combo is almost magical.

Gnome House #1 for Kerri / sewdeerlyloved

Here's a close-up:

Gnome House #1 for Kerri / sewdeerlyloved

But of course, these blocks are like Lay's potato chips: you can't just stop at one. So I made another, and this time decided on a pair of skinny next-door neighbors with tall pointy roofs. I hope this adds something a little different to Kerri's village:

Gnome House #2 for Kerri / sewdeerlyloved

And another close-up:

Gnome House #2 for Kerri / sewdeerlyloved

Finally, I had some scraps left over and decided to make Kerri a tree for her village, with Little Red Riding Hood strolling underneath:

Bonus Tree for Kerri's Gnome Village

Don't worry, Nettie ... if you want us to make you a village for your month, I'd be more than happy to make some more of these little houses!

5 comments:

  1. the 2 houses together is super cute! {& so is the tree!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had fun with this! The side by side houses are super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I CAN NOT wait to see this quilt put together!!! Great blocks John ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love all of these john!! THANKS so much!!

    ReplyDelete