Wednesday, December 30, 2009

january - little gnome homes


I've got all my fabrics picked, and getting ready to send them asap. With most all my kiddos coming down with the flu, has made it so I'm running a tad behind. So sorry for the delay. Here is all the information about the block.

*** UPDATE*** What size quilt block do you want your bee partners to make? I would prefer 15 1/2 inch square instead of the 12 1/2 inch blocks so everyone has more room for creativity.

Can your partners use any of her own stash fabric to use in your quilt block? If so, are there any limitations? Yes, as long as they are red and aqua. :)

Is there a specific color of thread (white/off white) you want your partners to sew with? Which ever you prefer

Does your partners have to use at least a little bit of every fabric you send or can your partners decide? Please feel free to decide

Do you have a general theme or is it up to your partners to decide? Are there any specific themes that you do NOT want in your quilt block? Likes/dislikes?. I'm asking for little houses, and the background I'll be sending is Kona snow. I prefer there to not be any grass, but there won't be green in the packages.

Will you allow any embellishments on the quilt block (i.e. embroidery, raised items such as yo-yos or fabric origami)? I prefer not so I can freely quilt it.

Can you link us to any flickr photos that you would like us to use as inspiration for your quilt block? Here is a good tutorial for houses ~ http://quiltville.com/tonya/houses.shtml

If your partners are super motivated and are able to make two blocks out of the fabric you send, would you accept more than one block from your partners? Sure! :)

Do you want your partners to return any leftover larger size scraps to you when they return the completed blocks or can they keep them for their own scrap stash? Please feel free to keep any scraps.

My inspiration~


I can't wait to see what everyone creates!!

5 comments:

  1. These little houses are going to be toooo cute, Kerri!!! My head's already a spinning with ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound like fun! Can't wait to have a go at making one of these little houses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see all the gorgeous blocks created by this talented group. Red and aqua is such a lovely colour combination, this quilt is sure to be fabulous.
    Kelly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love these little houses, and need to make a quilt of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great selection of fabrics and I am looking forward to making a teenie house for you!

    ReplyDelete